Wing surfing is the latest watersport to hit our shores and combines the amazing freedom of foiling with wind power, without masts, lines or ropes. It has obvious similarities to a number of skills from Kiting, foiling, sailing, windsurfing and SUP. It can be done on flat, bumpy and wavy water and also can be done inland on previously ‘un-kiteable’ venues across the UK.
This course is designed to introduce a safe and logical beginner session to wingsurfing. Starting on a non-foiling board and progressing onto a larger foiling board setup.
The course will familiarise candidates with;
- the scheme
- knowing the safety
- stages of learning
This is a 2day course including both practical and theory sessions. Candidates must already hold a valid BKSA, BSUPA or RYA instructor qualification.
Course cost: £225pp
See our calendar for dates.
Call 01202 744055 or email email@example.com to book
- 50 logged hours of teaching
- Capable of riding a medium sized semi floatation board
- Good wing control and power generation
- Able to go across the wind in both directions
- Perform a consistent basic turn in both directions
- Able to ride in control both on and off the foil
- Be able to make ground efficiently to windward and leeward
- Be able to turn on and off the foil
(Based on a reasonable foil setup, medium aspect foil and mast length and board volume)